A Message from Principal McDonald!
Happy October 8!
A few items I want to bring to your attention. The first, is Parent/Teacher Conferences are coming up (Nov. 1 and Nov. 4). The link will be sent out to schedule with your child's teacher later on today. Be sure to check your email for that. You have the option to be in-person, virtual or phone. If you would like to select virtual or phone, please specify this in the comments section (otherwise we will assume in-person).
Second, MCA Reports (MN Comprehensive Assessment) will be sent home with our students today that took it last spring (last years 3-5 graders had the option to take it).
Third, I want to highlight a question I get the most about the Levy (coming up Nov. 2). Most questions revolve around 'financial transparency.' I figured I would put links to find out more about that topic here.
- Attend a school board meeting or watch online where financial updates are provided to the board for nearly every meeting
- Review the financial documents presented to the school board
- Review the presentations presented to the school board
- Review audits posted on the district finance page
- Review budget books posted on the district finance page
- Attend the district’s Citizens Financial Advisory Committee (CFAC) meetings
Finally, please consider joining our schools PTA. We need a minimum of 20 members to stay a PTA. Here is the link to join as a member! Our PTA does so much for our students and staff. Our next meeting is October 26 (via zoom). This is a great way to get involved and find out more about what goes on. On October 26, Mrs. Peterson (Assistant Principal) and I will go over the Levy Presentation. So if you are unable to make it to one of the large group presentations, this would be a time to get more information before you vote on Nov. 2.
Have a wonderful weekend! As always if you need anything or have any questions contact me at email@example.com or 651-425-4803. It's a GREAT day to be a Bailey Bobcat!