Providing nearly 2,000,000 meals to more than 18,800 SoWashCo Schools students every year with the help of over 140 employees.
Free School Meal Program
The Free School Meals Program begins July 1, 2023. South Washington County Schools will participate in the state funded program, which provides free meals to all students. Free School Meals entitles each student to one free breakfast and one free lunch on all in-person academic days. All items outside of the complete meal are considered ala carte purchases. These purchases require funds available in the student’s lunch account. Qualifying families should continue to complete the Educational Benefits Application, which provides a variety of discounted or free benefits to students for field trips, athletics, instrument rentals, Kids club and more. We are anticipating an increase in student meal participation and are working to fully staff and prepare our kitchens to meet this demand. If you are interested in joining our Nutrition Services Team, you can apply now.
Students will be required to use their PIN numbers. See section under Meal Accounts on how to access your student's PIN.
Tip: Make your child's phone or IPad login their lunch pin. This is a quick way to get them to learn prior to the start of the school year. Pin numbers can be found in your Parent Portal account.
Food Shortages and Menu Changes
Due to nationwide shortages of certain food items, SoWashCo Schools menus may not accurately reflect what will be served that day. Schools will continue to offer nutritious meals to students each day. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
- About Educational Benefits - (Formerly known as Free and Reduced Price Meals)
- Apply for Educational Benefits
- Homeless Families
- Foster Parents
- Sau Daim Ntawv Thov (Hmong)
- Cuntada Dugsi ee Bilaashka ah iyo Kuwa Qimahooda La Dhimay ee (Somali)
- Imprimir Solicitud (Spanish)
- Additional Translated Applications
- Waiver of Confidentiality
- Need a copy of Educational Benefits Letter
The Wellness Committee works to assure a school environment that promotes and enhances students’ health, wellbeing, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity.
This is done through:
- Increasing awareness of the SoWashCo Schools wellness policy throughout the school district and community.
- Assessing implementation in our schools and working towards continuous improvement.
- Promoting student health and wellbeing in our schools and the community.
The Wellness Committee meets 3-4 times per-year.
- October 2023-TBD
- January 2024- TBD
- April 2024- TBD